Language is the Key : The Canadian Language Benchmarks Model / edited by Monika Jezak.
Collaborateur(s) :Jezak, Monika.Collection :Politics and Public Policy. Éditeur : Ottawa : University of Ottawa Press, 2017Description :124 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.ISBN : 9780776625836 (pbk).Sujet(s) : English language -- Study and teaching -- Canada | French language -- Study and teaching -- Canada | Immigrants -- Education -- Canada | Adult education -- Canada | English language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers -- Standards | French language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers -- StandardsSupports matériels additionnels :Language is the key.Ressources en ligne:Publisher's Website. | Recherche UO Research. | Check the uOttawa Library catalogue. Issued also in electronic format.
|Type de document||Localisation actuelle||Collection||Cote||Numéro de copie||Statut||Date d'échéance||Code à barres|
|Books||CR Julien-Couture RC (Teaching) General Stacks||Non-fiction||MET JEZ (Parcourir l'étagère)||1||Disponible||A028180|
Includes bibliographical references.
"The Canadian Language Benchmarks model (CLB) - and its French equivalent NCLC - represents an exceptional intellectual product that gave rise to the widely recognized system of official language training for adult immigrants to Canada. On the occasion of the twentieth anniversary, Language is the Key celebrates the achievements in the field across a range of topics including the historical and political context that led to the development of the Canadian standards and their current positioning in global educational markets.
Beyond the historic and current achievements, Language is the Key offers a bold outlook for future scenarios branching out into higher education, workplace training, as well as international and indigenous languages.
Modern Canada has a humanist view of immigrant integration and prides itself on being a welcoming land... The last fifty years of Canadian non-discriminatory immigration policy implicitly underline the importance of immigrant access to official languages." (Book Cover)
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Foreword / Monika Jezak
1. Introduction: Canadian Language Benchmarks and Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens - Canadian Language Framework in the Era of Glocalization / Monika Jezak and Enrica Piccardo
2. Design-Based Research Methodology for Establishing the Common Theoretical Framework and the CLB/NCLC Scales / Monique Bournot-Trites
3. Teaching and Assessment with the CLB: Teacher experiences and Pespectives / Eve Haque and Antonella Valeo
4. Teaching and Assessment: Using the CLB in a Range of Contexts under the Stewardship of the Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks / Anne Senior
5. The NCLC in Minority Settings: Past and Future Projects / Élissa Beaulieu and Morgan Le Thiec
6. Conclusion: Building a Bridge to the Future - Potential Contribution of the CLB and the NCLC / Samira El Atia
Issued also in electronic format.